I’m coming to you with a full heart that’s a little heavy and also that’s bursting with excitement for what’s next.
This week we released the final episode of The Kate & Mike Show.
It’s been 4 beautiful years, and we’re bringing this particular chapter to a close.
Last week we sat in a cozy rental cabin in Bethel, ME, where we were having a little child-free getaway (our first break from the kids together for more than about 14 hours since March), and we recorded some final thoughts for you.
Listen in to this week’s (and the last) episode of The Kate & Mike Show and hear:
- A list of our most popular episodes of all time (you may want to go back and listen to a few that you’ve never heard!)
- Reflections on some of our own favorite episodes (even if they weren’t the most downloaded)
- An important tangent around cancel culture, perfectionism, restorative justice, and repair on a macro and micro scale
- Our gratitude for each other in terms of how the other has shown up these past 4 years
- Our gratitude for you for sharing this chapter with us
Press play and listen.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being with us on this particular part of our journey with The Kate & Mike Show. If you’ve listened to 1 episode or all of them, we appreciate you.
Know this: With every ending comes an inevitable new beginning. Since the podcast is now complete, you’ll be hearing from me once a week with a blog post offering insights, strategies, and tools to make a life, not just a living, plus other notes on things I think you might find useful or inspiring.
In This Episode
- How Kate has been returning to Source and connecting to the divine [4:10]
- The way that choosing sobriety has impacted our lives for the better [15:06]
- What is “micro-planning” – and why we are big believers in it [25:06]
- The progress Mike has had in his skin journey since 2018 [26:43]
- Each of our favorite moments of recording this podcast [30:50]
- A reminder about Kate’s outlook on endings [36:00]
- A big lesson Mike recently learned at mountain biking camp [37:35]
- The big issues we have with “cancel culture” and expecting perfection from others [46:15]
- The gratitude we have each other as we wind down this chapter of our lives [59:10]
Selected Links from the Episode
Register for Kate’s New Live Masterclass, 3 Ways Isolation and Overworking Are Destroying Your Business (and How to Fix It!)
Right Thing, Right Time 28-Day ExperienceKate’s Free Experience, Right Thing, Right Time (starting on the New Moon September 17th) Build A Thriving Digital Course Biz – Get The Free Cheat Sheet & Podcast Playlist! Order the Paperback Version of Do Less (and Get Access to the Book Club + Bonuses)! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt!
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Do Less Physical Planner Waitlist Join The Do Less Facebook Group Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Get On Kate’s Mailing List (and get the Weekly Planning Ritual Guide)
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Enrollment For Origin ®& Mastermind/Incubator Waitlist
Kate’s Course, Make Time For BusinessEpisode 202: Top Lessons from 10 Years in Business Together Episode 200: Equitable, Accessible True Health Solutions with Zach Bush, MD Episode 199: Ask Us Anything: Part 1 Episode 198: The Solution to the Pandemic You Won’t Find in the Mainstream with Zach Bush, MD Episode 194: How (and Why) to Love Your Opponent with Valarie Kaur, author of See No Stranger Episode 182: What to Do When You Lose Yourself with Glennon Doyle Episode 168: How to Get Paid and Do Good at the Same Time with Rha Goddess, author of The Calling Episode 167: The Secret to Making More Money While Working Less Episode 166: How to Get Sober and Live a Glorious Life with Laura McKowen, author of We Are The Luckiest Episode 165: Choosing to Not Drink In A Culture Obsessed with Alcohol with Holly Whitaker, author of Quit Like A Woman Episode 162: Our Daily Success Habits: Small Things, Big Results Episode 158: How to Use Strategic Planning to Get the Biggest Results with Less Stress in 2020 Episode 156: The Opportunity in Illness Episode 153: The Surprising Path Beyond Depression, Anxiety, and Fatigue with Kelly Brogan, MD, author of Own Your Self Episode 146: 4 Shifts That Took Us from 6 to 7 Figures (They’re Not What You Think) Episode 145: How to Get More People to Buy What You’re Selling Episode 143: Your Period, Moon + Cyclical Living Questions Answered! Episode 137: Sobriety, Substances, and Choosing to Live Awake Episode 114: Emergent Strategy: Adrienne Maree Brown Episode 112: How to Not Give Up On Your Dreams, Filmmaking, and Holly Star with Michael Nickles Episode 86: Rachel Cargle: Unpacking White Feminism Episode 72: Half Magic with Heather Graham Episode 33: White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path with Danielle LaPorte Episode 28: Raising Mike Watts: An Interview With Bill and Michele Episode 24: You have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life: Rebekah Borucki on Meditation, Sex Magic, and Parenting Like a Badass
Your World-Cass Assistant by Michael Hyatt
Becoming by Michelle Obama
More Myself by Alicia Keys
I Am Darn Tough by Licia Morelli
Craiglist Confessional by Helena Dea Bala
Connect with Kate & Mike on Instagram!
People MentionedKyle Gray Ericka Hines Dr. Christine Blasey Ford