I write this with a little tear in my eye but also a swell in my heart knowing that we’re in the final countdown of The Kate & Mike Show. Thank you if you reached out to tell us you’re going to miss the show. We’re going to miss it, too…and we’re also SO excited for the new possibilities that ending it will bring. (More on that in the weeks to come.)
We’ve talked about doing a show where we get to answer your questions for the last 4 years. I know you know how it goes: You think about doing something and then never get around to doing it until the very last minute.
(That’s actually my creative process with everything. I’ve learned to not label it procrastination but just the way I work. The energy I’ve saved beating myself up about it has been amazing to reinvest in things that actually pay dividends…like just doing my work instead of judging myself for the way I do it.)
We thought it would be really fun to find out what was on your mind and do an “Ask Us Anything” show, and I gotta tell you:
I was really surprised to find out what you wanted to know more about!
We went a lot of places in this episode, and I know you’re going to get some key takeaways.
We talked about:
- The story of how Mike proposed (and what really surprised me about it even though I knew he was going to do it)
- How to successfully pitch guests to be on your podcast and how to conduct a memorable interview
- Our biggest parenting triumphs this year
- Our biggest business mistake to date
- And so much more!
Plus, we had more questions than we could answer in one session, so we’ll be putting out a second bonus Part 2 “Ask Us Anything” episode in the coming weeks. If you don’t hear your question answered, stay tuned!
In This Episode
- The criticism we’ve faced, and how we’ve dealt with it [3:24]
- A listener’s ideas for what Kate can do next [14:29]
- Our best tips for pitching guests and having rich conversations [16:38]
- What type of person makes for a good virtual teacher of online courses [25:37]
- The greatest parenting wins this year – and what our school set up will look like for our family [28:20]
- Why Kate hasn’t been talking as much about medical freedom lately [33:03]
- The biggest lessons we’ve learned since our early days in business [38:14]
- How we compliment each other’s strengths and weaknesses [43:50]
- The way that Mike proposed and how we both knew we were right for each other [45:34]
- Our best tips for prioritizing finances as a couple [50:00]
- How you can help wrap up The Kate & Mike Show with us [55:10]
Selected Links from the EpisodeJoin the Kate & Mike Show Wrap Party (September 16th at 3 pm EST)! Kate’s Free Experience, Right Thing, Right Time (starting on the New Moon September 17th) Build A Thriving Digital Course Biz – Get The Free Cheat Sheet & Podcast Playlist! Order the Paperback Version of Do Less (and Get Access to the Book Club + Bonuses)! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt!
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Do Less Physical Planner Waitlist Join The Do Less Facebook Group Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Get On Kate’s Mailing List (and get the Weekly Planning Ritual Guide)
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Enrollment For Origin ®& Mastermind/Incubator Waitlist Episode 198: The Solution to the Pandemic You Won’t Find in the Mainstream with Zach Bush, MD Episode 194: How (and Why) to Love Your Opponent with Valarie Kaur, author of See No Stranger Episode 188: Pulling Back The Curtain On Our Anti-Racism Journey Episode 182: What to Do When You Lose Yourself with Glennon Doyle Episode 153: The Surprising Path Beyond Depression, Anxiety, and Fatigue with Kelly Brogan, MD, author of Own Your Self Episode 80: Dodging Energy Vampires: Christiane Northrup, M.D. Episode 61: Chris Guillebeau: Side Hustle and Making Money Without Quitting Your Job Episode 1: Kate & Mike: A Love Story – How We Met & Ended Up Doing Life & Business Together Dandelion Catering (Maine) Badass Girls Mothering & Daughtering Whole30 The Last Dance (Netflix) You Need A Budget (YNAB)
People MentionedGeorge Floyd Noah Levy Larry King Tim Ferriss Bradley Will Tim Sales Rha Goddess