We’re so excited to share today’s super fun interview with our friend, Heather Graham. Heather has been a successful actor for many years, and she has now written, directed, and starred in a new film, Half Magic.
Half Magic will be released in a few short days, on February 23rd, 2018, in a select number of cities as well as streaming online. It follows the story of a group of women who get together, make wishes, and do spells, and it’s based on the real-life group of women (including Kate!) that Heather was a part of while living in New York.
This fun, inspiring movie is about women’s sexual empowerment, creating the life you desire, and standing up for yourself. In this episode, Heather shares her experiences with raising funds for the film, why this message is timely right now, what it’s like being a woman in Hollywood, and much more.
In This Episode
- What it was like for Heather being behind the camera for the first time [5:40]
- Why now is the right time for a message about female empowerment [7:50]
- The differences between independent and studio-backed films [13:25]
- Her advice for creatives [16:10]
- What Half Magic is all about and how it’s being marketed [21:14]
- The things that Heather is manifesting and her meditation practices [23:45]
- What it’s like being a woman in Hollywood in 2018 [28:18]
- The big lessons she’s learned about relationships [35:00]
- How Heather prepares for her acting roles [42:15]
- Looking back, what advice she would give herself [45:00]
- What patriarchy is really about and how it harms men too [56:00]
Selected Links from the EpisodeSign up for our B-School Experience!
Half Magic Official Red Band Trailer Geena Davis Institue on Gender in Media Women In Film
Connect with Kate, Mike & Heather on Instagram!
People MentionedDr. Christiane Northrup Bill Sheinberg Michelle Jonas Nicole Miller Moby Stephanie Beatriz Molly Shannon Seane Corn Mia Togo Rima Rabat