If you want to leverage your time so that you don’t have to trade hours for dollars anymore, a digital course is an excellent idea.
However, firing up your laptop and recording your voice over slides or shooting some videos and then getting them up on a password protected site by no means guarantees you’re going to have a successful digital course that reaches the people who need it and gives you the income you deserve.
I want you to have wild success with your digital course (or maybe even courses) but I don’t want you to slow yourself down unnecessarily by making the mistakes we see over and over again.
So, Mike and I recorded a brand new episode of The Kate & Mike Show for you to give you a few ounces of prevention.
Whether the idea of creating a digital course is brand new to you or you’ve already created and launched one, this episode is for you.
If I’d had this information 6 years ago when we first launched The Money Love Course, or even 2 years ago, I would have saved our company so much time and we would have helped more people (plus had more profits.)
Don’t head on your digital course creation journey without a map. This is one area where winging it will cost you a lot of time and money unnecessarily.
Listen to the episode because it will get you started on the right path.
In This Episode
- The results we’ve achieved over the years by creating and selling digital courses [12:35]
- Why we both love offering digital courses so much [13:33]
- The reasons that not being clear and specific enough about the results you offer is a HUGE mistake [16:25]
- What will happen if you try to teach too much info to your students [23:30]
- Why sending an email and link isn’t enough to launch – and what you need to do instead [28:57]
- The differences in selling a digital course now versus in 2010 [34:35]
- How to get to know your ideal customer and the best ways to communicate with him or her [41:45]
- Where Kate gets her best ideas for what to create [43:50]
- Why you don’t have to wait for things to be perfect – just start [44:59]
Selected Links from the Episode
Today’s Episode Is Sponsored by Amy Porterfield’s The Ultimate Course Creation Starter Kit – Take The Quiz Today To Get Started!Apply For Our Mastermind (Limited Spots Available)
Join Kate & Mike on the August Podcast Listening Adventure
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now Order Kate’s New Book!
Kate’s Upcoming Events Ontraport Root Wild Kombucha (Portland, Maine) Episode 40: How To Write Non-Sucky Copy with Laura Belgray Episode 125: Tiffany Dufu: Drop the Ball: Achieving More By Doing Less Episode 145: How to Get More People to Buy What You’re Selling
Stories That Stick by Kindra Hall
People MentionedRachel Rodgers James Wedmore Dr. Shefali Daniki Brysha Marie Forleo Tai Lopez