Today we’re talking all about copy – one of Kate’s favorite topics! She’ll be sharing the challenges that come with writing effectively, as well as revealing her top tips and strategies that will have you reaching for your pen (or keyboard) today!
Do you want to make more sales, and make a much bigger impact with your writing? Our friend Marie Forleo is teaching a free writing class called 5 Writing Mistakes That Are Killing Your Sales and How to Fix Them. You can register now over at katenorthrup.com/copy.
Would you, or a company you know, be a good fit to sponsor The Kate & Mike Show? If so, let’s talk! You can email [email protected] regarding current sponsorship opportunities.
In This Episode
- Kate’s background in writing and the very first stories she wrote [3:27]
- How she writes the copy for our business and the biggest challenges people face doing this [4:52]
- What “copy” really is [8:59]
- Why your copy trumps your design – every time [12:20]
- How to use the proprioceptive writing method [16:07]
- What holds people back from writing good copy [19:27]
- Strategies to overcome “writer’s block” [22:52]
- Mike’s personal experience with writing [29:50]
- Why more words isn’t necessarily better [31:42]
- The power of prayer [34:50]
- How to use the “friend filter” when writing [37:51]
Selected Links from the EpisodeGet on The Origin Waitlist!
On the Other Side of Freedom: The Case for Hope by DeRay MckessonPod Save The People
Writing the Mind Alive: The Proprioceptive Method for Finding Your Authentic Voice by Linda Trichter Metcalf & Tobin Simon
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
People MentionedMcKensie Mack Marie Forleo Anne Lamott Cheryl Strayed Audre Lorde Glennon Doyle Toni Morrison Trevor Noah