Today’s episode is one of the most important we’ve ever recorded, and you’re going to hear about the email from our guest that got it all started (and led to some tears). Patricia Moreno joins us today, and in this episode she peels back the curtain on the illusion our culture sells us about being thin and how “fatphobic” we truly are. This conversation created so much awareness for both of us, and it will really change the way we look at ourselves and the world around us.
Patricia Moreno has been training, mentoring, and educating people all over the world for over 30 years. In an effort to end her own struggles with her weight, eating disorders, and body image issues, she created the intenSati Method, which combines her expertise in fitness, dance, martial arts, yoga, nutrition, meditation, and spiritual practices. Encouraged by her own transformation and the life-changing stories of her students, she has gone on to create several other workouts, courses, and workshops.
Patricia is committed to being a powerful force of change in the world, and she continues to find revolutionary ways to uplift her students and help them change – both inside and out.
Would you or a company you know be a good fit to sponsor The Kate & Mike Show? If so, let’s talk! You can email email@example.com regarding current sponsorship opportunities.
Have a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode of The Kate and Mike Show? Let us know!
In This Episode
- What Patricia’s powerful email to Kate said [5:05]
- Her mission at this time [6:55]
- The “spell of unworthiness” [9:50]
- What spiritual fitness is all about [13:25]
- How shame affected Patricia’s life [16:45]
- Kate’s journey with her own body image [25:45]
- The ways men are impacted and Mike’s experiences [28:56]
- Patricia’s earliest memories with body image [36:25]
- Our culture and the feeling of worthiness [45:25]
- The lies we’re being told about health [47:21]
- Why Patricia will never diet again [53:30]
- How she is helping people now [56:15]
- Ways you can be an activist around these issues [65:29]
Selected Links from the Episode
People MentionedKim Kardashian Bryon Katie