Hi there! It’s Kate today and I have a very special Origin™ Sneak Peek for you. Each month in Origin™ we have a Maven Masterclass where I interview an incredible woman who has powerful insights around entrepreneurship and/or motherhood. This month we are featuring Dr. Shefali Tsabary, and as a podcast listener, you are getting special access to this exclusive interview.
Dr. Shefali Tsabary is an internationally recognized parenting expert, and her book, The Awakened Family, was a major game-changer for me in how I approach parenting – as well as life in general.
You’re going to hear Dr. Shefali talk about what mom guilt is really about and how we can dissolve it, as well as the surprising way that she ended up on Oprah. We also discuss how we can unhook ourselves from what she calls the “race to nowhere” and our obsession with constant achievement.
In This Episode
- The reasons we have children [4:27]
- How we can deal with our own childhood [6:57]
- Her own “race to nowhere” [8:08]
- The tools she uses for true awakening [10:12]
- Stopping the cycle of trying to control our children [16:42]
- How she feels about medicating children [19:57]
- A recent experience she had with her own daughter [24:17]
- The cultural differences of mothering daughter versus sons [26:52]
- What she would most want her daughter to know [28:27]
- A look at how Dr. Shefali runs her business [30:42]
- The story of how her first book came to be [33:32]
Selected Links from the Episode
Dr. Shefali’s Website
Her Books & Courses Dr. Shefali on Oprah
The Judgment Detox by Gabby Bernstein
Connect with Kate, Mike & Dr. Shefali on Instagram!
People MentionedOprah Winfrey Byron Katie Eckhart Tolle