Today we’re excited to welcome back Kate’s mother Dr. Christine Northrup, and she’s here to talk about her brand-new book, Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power.
Dr. Northrup shares why she wrote this book, how it can help you, and the changes that she’s made in her own life to get to the place where she is now.
Energy vampires are real and they’re all around us, and this book reveals what we can do to regain and restore our own energy in order to remain empowered when we have to interact with these difficult people.
In This Episode
- What an energy vampire is and how this person manipulates others [4:40]
- How society is changing and calling out psychopaths [8:50]
- Who are the cluster B people and two reasons they exist [12:30]
- How to tell if you are you at risk to getting sucked in by an energy vampire [16:15]
- Why this should matter especially to empaths [29:52]
- The concept of cognitive dissonance [32:00]
- Why this book triggered Kate so much [34:20]
- How energy vampires have affected Dr. Northrup’s life [38:50]
- What’s shifted in her to write this book [41:35]
- An exercise for empaths [59:30]
Selected Links from the Episode
Dr. Northrup’s Website & New Book, Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power
In Sheep’s Clothing by George K. Simon, Jr., Ph.D.
Without Conscience by Robert D. Hare, Ph.D.Project Life with Mike Watts Seeing Allred (Netflix)
Connect with Kate, Mike & Dr. Northrup on Instagram!
People MentionedPhilip Seymour Hoffman Oprah Winfrey Sandra Brown Leon Festinger Robert Holden Cheryl Richardson Dr. Shefali