Today we bring you a fun and inspiring interview with Sadie Lincoln, the founder of Barre3. With over 125 Barre3 locations around the world, the Barre3 classes combine yoga, Pilates, and a little bit of dance-inspired movement.
In this episode, Sadie opens up about her unconventional childhood being raised in a “village” and why she’s now divorced herself from being a public wellness figure (or “guru”)! You’re going to love the definition she uses for the word “balance,” and she also reveals powerful guidelines you can follow around social media and sharing life’s moments.
Sadie discusses how she and her husband Chris got their amazing business started and the mindset she now has around running a business. A bonus of this episode? Sadie gives an analysis of one of Mike’s dreams and explains how you, too, can interpret your own dreams!
In This Episode
- Sadie’s somewhat unusual upbringing & the values she was raised on [7:00]
- The rituals she now does with her family [12:25]
- Using dreams as an entry point to self-awareness [13:35]
- What “dropping out” means to her & what it can do for you [21:40]
- “Balance” defined [23:38]
- Why opening her business in 2008 didn’t scare her [27:30]
- Sustainability over rapid growth [29:19]
- Sadie’s thoughts on working with her husband [34:40]
- Her most important core values [43:25]
- What a real leader does [46:10]
- The impact of the online world on her business [54:35]
- Sadie’s vision for her company and personal brand [58:16]
Selected Links from the Episode
Barre3’s Website, Instagram & Facebook
Sadie’s Instagram The SnowMansion (Taos, New Mexico) #Ask GaryVee 271 with Tim Ferriss
Connect with Kate and Mike on Instagram!
People MentionedCarl Jung Glennon Doyle