It’s our podcast-iversary! This week we’re celebrating the mark of one year of podcasting and in this episode we’re revealing what we’ve learned so far.
Everything needed for a successful podcast – technology and logistics involved in producing a show, the right way to pitch guests (and how not to!), ways to promote a podcast and so much more. You’ll also find out how you can have a chance to win a free copy of Kate’s book, Money: A Love Story!
In This Episode
- Our podcasting set up and our wishlist for the future [7:02]
- How we capture topics and decide what to record [19:52]
- The right (and wrong way) to approach guests [23:12]
- What live events can do for your network and business [24:41]
- Kate’s #1 pet peeve when it comes to podcasting [36.42]
- Monetizing your show – directly & indirectly [40:22]
- How we promote the show and ways to gain traction [43:07]
Selected Links from the Episode
Kate’s, The Myth of BalanceEpisode 52: 3 Surprising Reasons You Need Community to Thrive in Business and Life Episode 47: Hourglass: Time, Memory, Marriage with Dani Shapiro Episode 33: White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path with Danielle LaPorte Wake Zone Luxury Houseboat Rentals Download Our Podcast Resource List Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income & Power-Up Podcasting Program Libsyn Podcast Hosting Fiverr & 99Designs Skype, Zoom & E-Camm Call Recorder Laurie’s Lemonade Stand Podcast Profit. Power. Pursuit with Tara Gentile Self in the City with Anna Goldstein
People MentionedTim Ferriss Lance Armstrong Gary Vaynerchuk Danielle LaPorte Dr. Shefali Lewis Howes Brené Brown John Lee Dumas Chris Gillibeau Larry King Glennon Doyle