Today’s episode is a juicy one, as our friend LiYana Silver joins us on the podcast. LiYana is the author of the upcoming book, Feminine Genius, and she is a “torch-holder for a world-to-be in which feminine leadership flourishes and the epidemic of women self-haters has long become absurd.” She not only shares her insight on what feminine and masculine energy truly is, but LiYana also explains more about how we can embrace our own “dark night of the soul.” She also gives us powerful thoughts on motherhood, being with your emotions, and so much more.
In this Episode
- There’s a light and dark side to the power of the feminine [4:54]
- Depression is a precursor to spiritual awakening [8:09]
- Why your relationship with yourself is a gift [16:10]
- Lean into your emotions – instead of running [21:54]
- Why do we feel we need to go to someone else for the answer? [24:37]
- LiYana’s lessons on motherhood [34:24]
- Crying can be a helpful experience for not just babies [39:23]
- Men and women both have feminine and masculine energies running through them [46:02]
- How she incorporates her own feminine energy into her business [49:27]
- The way she can tell she’s a true feminist [55:02]
- Being a mother has made LiYana a better entrepreneur [56:24]
- Acknowledging our own blind spots is a great place to start [61:19]
- What gives you joy? Do that thing…[62:28]
- Listening is a superhuman ninja skill! [67:00]
- A way to reframe mom guilt [69:20]
- LiYana’s powerful ask of the listeners [80:34]
Selected Links from the EpisodeLiYana’s Website & Her New Book Ted Talk by Lisa Miller The Places That Scare You by Pema Chodron The Aware Baby by Aletha Solter, Ph.D.
People MentionedSaint John of the Cross Danielle LaPorte Louise Hay Tim Ferriss Brené Brown Seth Godin Simon Sinek Glennon Doyle Melton
As promised – LiYana’s adorable 5-year old son Griffin!