Today we have an awesome episode for you, with guest Amanda Steinberg! Amanda is a serial entrepreneur who launched DailyWorth in 2009 to bring a fresh voice and an outsider’s perspective to personal finance. Oprah selected her to the exclusive SuperSoul 100, and Forbes named her one of twenty-one New American Money Masters. Amanda has also appeared on GMA, Today, CNN, and MSNBC. Her digital investing service, WorthFM, received front-page coverage in The New York Times Business section and she’s the author of the new book, Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms.
Amanda shares how she emotionally handled being in a tremendous amount of debt, why her digital investing service is specifically for women (and how they interact differently with money than men do), and a whole lot more.
We are excited to have a copy of Amanda’s book to giveaway! Just tag us on Instagram (@KateNorthrup or @MikeJWatts) and show us a picture of you doing something that makes you feel worthy. A random winner will be picked the day this episode is aired. Good luck!
In this Episode
- What led Amanda to create DailyWorth and how starting it became a self-help project for her [4:03]
- The first steps she took to rebuild her financial future [9:20]
- Amanda’s “Integrity Snowball Effect”….[11:48]
- Do you pay off debt, or put money away as savings? [13:18]
- What role did playing Nintendo as a kid have on Amanda? [17:38]
- According to her mother, only two things are needed for success [19:33]
- Why net worth is really what you need to consider [23:38]
- What exhilarates Amanda the most about what she does today [25:58]
- How to properly evaluate risk [27:07]
- Most women are now transitioning from a “good girl” to “lady boss” in their relationship with money [30:35]
- It can be paralyzing for men to always be the provider [35:48]
- Why money is a messy subject! [39:03]
- Amanda’s big picture and vision for the future [44:28]
Selected Links from the EpisodeAmanda’s Website
Amanda’s Book, Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your TermsFacebook Twitter DailyWorth’s Website DailyWorth on Facebook DailyWorth on Twitter MoneyType Assessment Amanda’s Holiday Card
People MentionedKris Carr Bari Tessler Rha Goddess Jordan Shapiro