When we were in the first year of doing The Kate & Mike Show, I made a list of “Podcast Unicorns” who I dreamed of having on the show.
TBH, I never reached out to ask this week’s guest onto the show, but I held her name close to my heart on my dream list, trusting that the time would come and that when it did, I would know.
Well, my friend, the time came, she said yes, and I’m SO thrilled to be sharing a conversation with you that meant the world to me and that I hope you’ll find as nourishing as I did.
Glennon Doyle, whose new book Untamed is spectacular and has been a #1 NY Times Bestseller for the last 5 weeks, joined Mike and me for a cozy, after-the-kids-were-in-bed conversation where we talked about:
- What to do when you feel like you’re going to die because you’re being publicly criticized (on whatever scale)
- How to navigate wanting to tell stories about your kids publicly and the line between public and private in the land of the interwebs
- The question it’s critical we ask ourselves about people in positions of authority in our lives so that we don’t lose ourselves
- How to raise girls who don’t lose themselves (and/or how to help them come back when they do)
- Why raising angry girls is a good thing
- How to find yourself again when you’ve noticed you’re lost
- And so much more!
Glennon’s work has been deeply helpful to me at several critical junctures ever since I first read Carry On, Warrior in 2016, and 4 years later I couldn’t be more thrilled to be sharing this conversation with you.
In This Episode
- How Glennon navigates writing books, and telling stories, as a mother [11:56]
- What “The Ache” is and how it applies to this moment in time that we are all experiencing collectively [18:27]
- The two main types of criticism that exists, and the cycle she goes through in order to handle the critics [24:56]
- Why a good apology is so powerful [29:15]
- What women need to do today in order to thrive [30:35]
- The questions that Glennon asks herself – and you should too [34:30]
- What she wants us to understand about religion [37:35]
- How women are trained from an early age, and the revolution that is happening right now [41:05]
- What can be done to counteract the toxic masculinity we face [49:15]
- Glennon’s process that you can use to find yourself again [51:55]
Selected Links from the EpisodePreorder the Paperback Version of Do Less (and Get Access to the Book Club + Bonuses)! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt!
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Get On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Get On Kate’s Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Enrollment For Origin ®
Glennon’s Website & New Book, Untamed
Her Other Works, Love Warrior & Carry On, WarriorTogether Rising Her Appearance on Brené Brown’s Podcast
The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band (Mötley Crüe)Headbangers Ball on MTV The Joe Rogan Experience Transparent (Series)
Connect with Kate, Mike & Glennon on Instagram!
People MentionedSebastian Bach Jani Lane (Warrant) Christiane Northrup, M.D. Alicia Keys Meggan Watterson