Over here at HQ (aka our house), we’ve got a 4 ½-year-old and an almost-2-year-old and a company to run. Plus many of our team members are in the same boat at their houses.
There are so many different permutations of how this moment of quarantine is affecting different households, but for those of you who find yourself with the literally impossible task of working full-time while parenting full-time and also possibly guiding homeschooling, this message is for you.
(This will also be particularly useful for folks caregiving in any capacity, even if it’s not for kids.)
First of all, I will say that I am by no means the world’s leading expert on working from home while parenting. No one should be. This is for the birds.
Second, though, I am obsessed with the logistics of time and how our rhythms can either support or deflate our wellbeing and impact.
So, when a bunch of folks in our community reached out asking how Mike and I are navigating the fact that we both work and we have no childcare right now, I figured we’d share what we’re doing behind the scenes.
You can count on me for one thing always: transparency.
I’ll tell you when I don’t know what I’m doing, and I’ll tell you what’s working. That’s my promise.
In this week’s episode of The Kate & Mike Show we share:
- The daily conversation we’re having that makes a world of difference in the logistics of working and parenting together during this weird moment
- A critical ingredient that any ask for support needs to have during this time (and really anytime)
- Mike’s excellent wisdom for those of us who are going a little nuts with no breaks from our children (🙋)
Press play if you’re trying to work from home without childcare too.
At the very least you’ll know you’re not alone. ;)
In This Episode
- What Kate believes is happening right now [7:50]
- Why we need to be questioning our beliefs [11:40]
- Some struggles she’s experiencing working at home without childcare and how Mike has changed his thought process around this [20:17]
- What we’re doing logistically and how it’s working out [23:50]
- Some questions Mike has been asking himself [27:50]
- The commitments we are keeping and what we will continue to offer our audience [36:50]
- The transition phase we now find ourselves in [40:40]
- Why now is such a good time to renegotiate responsibilities in a partnership [50:35]
Selected Links from the EpisodePreorder the Paperback Version of Do Less (and Get Access to the Book Club + Bonuses)! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt!
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Get On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Get On Kate’s Mailing List
Untamed by Glennon DoyleBlack-ish (TV Series) Galactic Federation Channeling
The Artist’s Way by Julia CameronBooks by Neal Donald Walsch Molly of Denali & Vampirina Equal Pay Day Episode 125: Tiffany Dufu: Drop the Ball: Achieving More By Doing Less Al Anon
People MentionedBrené Brown Rha Goddess Floyd Mayweather Rachel Cargle Laura McKowen