Whether you’re new here or have been hanging out with me for a while, it’s important to know that I don’t see any parts of our lives as separate.
That’s why the conversation about balance rubs me the wrong way, as though we’re trying to create equal space for different parts of our lives rather than learn how to be fully ourselves in an integrated way– whether we’re working or playing or doing both at the same time (my favorite).
When it comes to the health of your body and the health of your business, I feel like they’re the same conversation in many ways.
But so often we allow our business goals to overshadow our physical health, and instead of supporting our goals, like we assume, letting our bodies take the back seat jeopardizes our health as well as our businesses.
That’s why I’m excited to share this week’s podcast with you.
It’s with Elizabeth Rider who’s been a friend of ours for over 14 years. In many ways, we grew up in business together.
Elizabeth is in the business of health, and we dove into the ways we can increase our wellbeing physically and financially through our businesses.
Listen in to this week’s episode of the Kate & Mike Show with Elizabeth to learn:
- How to ramp up your blog traffic without focusing on keywords (whaaa?)
- How to make the most important aspects of your health a habit so you don’t have to waste time and energy trying to make yourself do them
- Why “boundaries” is Elizabeth’s favorite word and how she uses boundaries to have thriving physical and financial health
Be sure to check out Elizabeth’s book, The Health Habit: 7 Easy Steps to Reach Your Goals and Dramatically Improve Your Life, for practical, non-dogmatic health tips and gorgeous, simple recipes that even someone like me who struggles in the kitchen can make.
And, as always, remember:
Body first. Business second.
When you do it in that order, both things get the care and attention they need.
In This Episode
- The role that creating consistent content played in Elizabeth getting a book deal [7:45]
- Whether or not she had always known she would impact the world in a big way [10:23]
- What Elizabeth’s strongest skill is, and something she tried that didn’t quite work out the way that she had planned [15:01]
- Her process on deciding what content to publish publicly [22:47]
- Elizabeth’s best tips for nutrition blog writers [26:52]
- The thought process she used in writing her new book [29:58]
- How much time Elizabeth spends perfecting the recipes she creates [32:28]
- The importance of creating healthy habits in our households [34:42]
- Her strategies for establishing and maintaining strong boundaries [37:25]
- The biggest lessons Elizabeth gained when writing her book [46:27]
Selected Links from the EpisodePreorder the Paperback Version of Do Less (and Get Access to the Book Club + Bonuses)! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt! Get Your I’m Not Here To Please You T-Shirt!
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Get On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Get On Kate’s Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ®
Elizabeth’s Website & New Book, The Health HabitElizabeth Eats on FMTV The Best Homemade Chicken Stock Recipe (aka Bone Broth)
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Books
Connect with Kate, Mike & Elizabeth on Instagram!
People MentionedAmy Porterfield