I just finished leading the first retreat for our 2020 Origin® Mastermind, and something became so clear to me as I listened to the brilliant women in the group share:
Specificity in business is such a turn-on for me!
Why? Because when folks are specific about what they offer, who they offer it to, and how people are going to hear about it, they eliminate friction and significantly improve their results.
And in full transparency, I get so excited about specificity in other people’s businesses because it’s something I’ve struggled with in my own business for years.
I’m getting better and better, but I know I’m not alone when I say that I have to remain diligent to not get sucked down in the quicksand of vagueness in my copy, pitches, and offers.
There’s a lady who’s become dear to my heart (even though we have yet to meet in person) who really nailed the specificity game, and no matter how many times I hear about it, I get a little hot and bothered.
She co-founded and sold her half of the company Simple Green Smoothies, where she grew their community to over 355k subscribers and 415k+ Instagram followers.
And you know how she did it?
They had one product, one platform where they promoted it, one promotional strategy, one plan, and one ideal kind of person who bought it.
And then they did it over and over again and grew like bananas. (Pun totally intended. #wordnerd)
What was this brilliantly specific and simple promotional strategy?
We invited Jadah on the podcast because we wanted to share her incredible story with you so that you could learn how to build your email list in 30 days or less with an online challenge.
Plus, Jadah is such a love, and I know you’re going to adore hearing about her journey with Simple Green Smoothies and how she’s made a powerful pivot into what she’s doing now with her current business incarnation, Love Over Metrics.
Listen in to this week’s episode to get going with your simple plan to grow your email list in 30 days or less.
I’m SO excited for you to catch the specific simplicity wave with us!
In This Episode
- The big leap of faith that Jadah took to start her very first business [3:55]
- What lessons she and her husband took from the experience, and the turning point that happened after 3 years [5:45]
- What led to the creation of Healthy Green Smoothies [11:45]
- How hosting challenges supercharged the growth of the company [16:44]
- The ways that Jadah recommends simplifying things in business [23:01]
- What are the different types of challenges you could do, and how a challenge can work as a funnel into your paid offer [27:00]
- The moment that Jadah knew it was time to pivot away from Healthy Green Smoothies [36:03]
- What “Love Over Metrics” means to her [42:26]
- The advice she would give to the Jadah of 3 years ago [44:52]
- What homeschooling her daughter has looked like for her entire family [48:06]
Selected Links from the Episode
It’s Time For B-School! To Sign Up and Get Our Incredible Bonuses, Click Here!Get On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Order Kate’s New Book & Get On Her Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ®
Her Love Over Metrics Incubator & Build Your Challenge Roadmap Jadah at WDS 2014 The Game Changers on Netflix Hackschooling TEDx Talk (Logan LaPlante)
Connect with Kate, Mike & Jadah on Instagram!
People MentionedJen Hansard My Nguyen Amber Ray Sarah Jenks Taki Moore Jonathan Fields Chris Guillebeau Oprah Winfrey