It was a sleepy Monday in a sleepy town in Maine.
We had our panties in a wrinkle because we found ourselves feeling short on time and long on pressure.
And yet again, because old habits die hard, we realized we didn’t need to push so hard.
We could give ourselves more space.
Then we walked into a random restaurant and…BOOM. There she was.
One of the most iconic people in the world. In Maine. 20 minutes from our house.
It was a watershed moment on so many levels. A Divine confirmation that we’re on the right track as we diligently work to unravel our default setting of overdoing it.
We decided to do less and ran smack dab into one of the biggest personalities on the planet.
Talk about doing less to achieve more.
This week on The Kate & Mike Show we’re telling you the full story, including who this incredible person is and what meeting her meant for us…and for you.
If you find yourself under pressure with more to do than you have time for, and that the pressure is often self-imposed, this episode is for you.
In it you’ll learn:
- The shift we’d decided to make in our business and why meeting this big icon felt like such an affirmation
- The new policy we’ve incorporated into our business as a result of this encounter and how it’s already helped us make powerful decisions
- Why setting goals and not achieving them isn’t something you need to be worried about
- Why I believe there’s no such thing as wasted action and how to trust the process, even when it’s not linear (because it never is)
There are moments that just change everything. The story we’re telling in this episode is of one of those moments.
May it be a gift to you as the experience has been for us.
In This Episode
- Why Mike really wanted to share what we talk about today [7:50]
- Our very cool Oprah story [10:24]
- What we think about “pushing it” in business and in life [15:45]
- How our deadlines may be causing unnecessary stress and pressure [20:40]
- Why we believe that “Oprah Moments” can apply to everyone listening [25:20]
- Our “Oprah Clause” and the ways it now guides us in business [33:35]
- The reasons why It really is ok to change your mind [42:55]
- Remember, it’s all part of the ritual [44:20]
Selected Links from the Episode
Kate’s New FREE Course, Make Time For Business Launches Soon – Get On The Waitlist! Get On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Order Kate’s New Book & Get On Her Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ® Sign Up For The B-School Waitlist The Daily Show with Trevor Noah on YouTube Music for Dogs and Pets on Spotify
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
Patriarchy Stress Disorder by Valerie Rein, PhD
Olive, Again by Elizabeth StroutThe Dolphin Restaurant (Maine)
How to Talk With Practically Anybody About Practically Anything by Barbara Walters
Profit First by Mike MichalowiczProfit For Keeps (Amber Dugger’s Course) Narnia, The Musical Almost, Maine (Play)
Connect with Kate & Mike on Instagram!