You’re out there serving your people (your clients, community, kids, family, etc.) and making sure they’re living their best lives…but there’s also you.
How are you taking care of you?
One of my favorite things to learn about leaders is how they take care of themselves because I get inspired with new ideas to enhance my own wellbeing, capacity, and performance.
This week on the podcast, we have the extremely good-looking and insightful husband and wife team behind the fitness and adventure brand Bee The Wellness, Vanessa and Adam Lambert.
I was on their podcast over the summer, and I resonated with them so much that I invited them on for a conversation with Mike and me.
During this episode we covered:
- The super-weird wellness trick that has Adam feeling way better than before
- How their background as firefighters has helped them dial their business in
- Their best techniques for getting ahead of the content machine that online business can become
- How their business model is actually one of the ways they take care of themselves
- How they use plant medicine to move through their blocks
And so much more!
Identifying our non-negotiables for taking care of ourselves is so critical not only to our wellbeing, but that of our clients, our family, and our whole community. I know I’m not the first person to say this to you, but I hope that if you’re not caring for yourself right now that this might be the time that it actually sinks in.
You matter. Your wellness matters. Your body matters. Your emotional landscape matters. Your mental health matters.
As we near the closing of this year, know this:
There is nothing worth investing in more than yourself because your wellbeing magnifies your impact in a way that’s not possible when you’re not nourished.
I’d love to know what you learned and what inspired you during the Vanessa and Adam episode and/or what your insights or questions are around caring for yourself as a leader.
In This Episode
- The way that Vanessa and Adam met and got into business together, and why they work so well as a team [11:17]
- What challenges they’ve faced running and growing the business [13:28]
- How they use outsourcing effectively to keep everything going, despite having a super busy travel schedule [18:06]
- What it’s been like for Adam to go from working in an environment with mostly males to one with just his partner [18:56]
- Why they started offering their retreats and the amazing experiences participants can expect by attending one [21:57]
- Their strategies for setting boundaries and protecting their own energy [29:02]
- The top 5 places that Vanessa and Adam have visited so far [40:42]
- The wellness hacks that have made a BIG difference in their lives [43:37]
- What powerful benefits plant medicine can offer [52:17]
- A sneak peek of their upcoming events in 2020 [57:38]
Selected Links from the EpisodeGet On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Get Kate’s Free Do Less Weekly Planner Join The Do Less Facebook Group Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Order Kate’s New Book & Get On Her Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ® Sign Up For The B-School Waitlist
Vanessa & Adam’s Website & Facebook
Their Podcast & Upcoming Experiences Episode 163: Being and Being Married to a Trans Person with Aydian and Jenilee Dowling Episode 107: Getting to Hell Yes with Alex Jamieson and Bob Gower Episode 15: The Well Life with Briana and Dr. Peter Borten
Traction by Gino WickmanJoe Rogan Experience #1391- Tulsi Gabbard & Jocko Willink Origin Products (Farmington, Maine)
Connect with Kate, Mike, Vanessa & Adam on Instagram!
People MentionedRobb Wolf Mark Sisson Glenn Stearns Tim Ferriss Gandhi