I love the smell of new office supplies. Going back-to-school shopping at Staples was my heaven. And I love planning so much that I plan my planning.
How about you? Do you use an intersecting system of 3 different color-coded calendars, or are you holding on tenuously to your “keeping it all up here” [points to brain] system?
Either way, I’m glad you’re here.
We officially have 7.5 weeks left, not only in this year but in this decade.
I’m officially naming 2020 the year of clarity because…you know…20/20. 👀
One of my favorite quotes is:
Money loves clarity.
I’m pretty sure my friend Barbara Huson, author of Sacred Success, was the one who coined that phrase. (Although I see it used without credit a lot on the interwebs. Side note: credit your sources folks!)
You know what else loves clarity?
Your goals! Your dreams! Your desires!
And you know what you need for clarity?
Mike and I are already doing some strategic planning for 2020 (super exciting things coming down the pike for you!), so we thought we’d let you in on the behind-the-scenes of some of our process.
Today on the podcast we’re sharing 3 ways you can use strategic planning to get the biggest results with the least stress in 2020.
Listen in for:
- The most important question you need to be asking yourself as you plan 2020
- The map we create for the year to ensure we don’t overschedule ourselves
- The formula we use for a pre-launch runway and why it will make all the difference in your launch results
- The exact calendar and planning system I’m using in 2020 to ensure we have the biggest results with the least amount of stress possible
Once you’ve listened, we’d love to hear from you:
What are your tried-and-true planning practices? What calendar and/or planning systems do you use? Which one of the 3 planning tips are you the most excited to implement?
Here’s to making 2020 the best year ever and the start of the most incredible decade so far!
In This Episode
- How our planning differs now from when we first started our business [21:10]
- Why Kate loves planning so much [22:20]
- The benefits of planning with your spouse, even if you’re not in business together [23:12]
- What tools we use to plan [24:20]
- Questions to ask yourself to subconsciously tap into possibilities [26:50]
- Why growth is more than just the revenue your business generates [30:20]
- 3 action steps you can take now for effective planning [33:16]
- What are runways and how you can use a long one to increase the results of your next launch [47:22]
- What to do if you find content creation difficult, but still want to provide value to your audience [61:15]
Selected Links from the EpisodeGet On The Waitlist For The Do Less Planner! Ready To Uplevel Your Business? Sign Up For The FREE Masterclass Apply For Our Mastermind (Limited Spots Available, Deadline to Apply is Nov 1st!)
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now
Order Kate’s New Book & Get On Her Mailing List
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ® Sign Up For The B-School Waitlist Episode 12: How We Do Our Year In Review and Annual Planning Episode 137: Sobriety, Substances, and Choosing to Live Awake Episode 156: The Opportunity in Illness
Inc. Article, Netflix Co-Founder Says Entrepreneurs Should Constantly Remind Themselves That ‘Nobody Knows Anything’Google & Apple Calendars
The One Thing by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
Amy Porterfield’s Podcast
Kate’s State of the Union for Women Entrepreneurs Pose (on Fx)
Connect with Kate & Mike on Instagram!
People MentionedNoah Levy Rachel & Dave Hollis Roy Scheider Stu McLaren Marie Forleo Ry Schwartz RuPaul