I honestly didn’t realize it until last week when Mike and I sat down to record this week’s Kate & Mike Show episode, but there’s something I’ve committed to since the very beginning of my business that I think has been the single biggest contributor to feeling like, despite the ups and downs, my business is wildly successful and I’m a thriving entrepreneur:
Circling up with a group of fellow entrepreneurs who are also committed to upleveling with a set structure and container to encourage all of you to grow.
There’s actually a word for this very thing.
That word is mastermind.
It’s based on the idea that we’re more powerful together, that 1 + 1 = 3 (not 2), and that when you get a group of people together who are an energetic match, everyone accelerates in a way they couldn’t possibly if they were going it alone.
I’ve participated in all kinds of masterminds over the past 11 years, and regardless of their structure, cost, or length, all of them have had one thing in common:
They’ve caused me and my business to grow exponentially in relationship to the time I invested.
A mastermind is like kiln-dried firewood and perfectly crumpled newspaper for your growth. Your ideas are the matches or sparks or that clicker thing where you have to hold one part with your thumb while you pull the trigger with your finger to get fire to come out of it, which can sometimes take a few tries to coordinate.
No newspaper and dry firewood? All the sparks in the world won’t catch. They need something to ignite them and let them grow and burn.
You may have never heard the word mastermind before, or you might have been considering joining or starting one.
Either way, if you want to take your business to the next level in a Do Less way, a mastermind is a must and this week we’re giving you:
- 6 reasons to join a mastermind
- how to find the right one for you
- how to start your own
Once you’ve listened we’d love to know: What’s your experience been with masterminds? What additional questions, if any, do you have?
In This Episode
- How we define a “mastermind” – and both of our experiences with them [10:27]
- What joining the community of a mastermind will automatically do for your business [14:50]
- Different ways that masterminds can save you time and energy [24:05]
- Why it’s so powerful to have a “sounding board” [33:00]
- How to know when it’s time to leave a mastermind [42:40]
- An example of when Kate’s mastermind had her back and gave priceless support [45:11]
- How joining a mastermind will give you behind-the-scenes knowledge of successful businesses that wouldn’t be possible otherwise [51:30]
- The different types of masterminds and how to know which one is right for you [56:50]
- Tips for someone wanting to start a mastermind, and what to look for in new members [60:00]
- The effect that being in masterminds has had on us [65:10]
- An exciting announcement for a way that you can be in a mastermind with us! [77:11]
Selected Links from the Episode
Today’s Episode Is Sponsored by Amy Porterfield’s The Ultimate Course Creation Starter Kit – Take The Quiz Today To Get Started!Apply For Our Mastermind (Limited Spots Available)
Join Kate & Mike on the August Podcast Listening Adventure
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now Order Kate’s New Book!
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin ® Sign Up For The B-School Waitlist Episode 147: 7 Ways to Make Friends As An Adult (Plus the Surprising Reasons You Need to Prioritize Friendship) Episode 146: 4 Shifts That Took Us from 6 to 7 Figures (They’re Not What You Think) Episode 145: How to Get More People to Buy What You’re Selling
Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon HillMaine Boys to Men
Stories That Stick by Kindra Hall
People MentionedCarrie Montgomery Sarah Jenks Jonathan Budd Eliza Reynolds Sarah Tangredi Jennifer Racioppi James Wedmore Elizabeth DiAlto Rha Goddess Jonathan Van Ness