“If I want to make more money, I have to work more.”
This belief has rung in the ears of entrepreneurs for long enough.
I believed if I wanted more success, I needed to work more until I’d been in business for nearly 15 years.
You know what finally proved me wrong?
You may be wondering: What the heck does pregnancy have to do with growing my business?
Stay with me.
Mike and I had the goal of hitting 7 figures in revenue in one year for years before we hit it.
Believe it or not, it was pregnancy knocking my old ways of working (pushing harder and hustling) right out of me, plus a first year of parenthood that was one of the darkest times of my life, and figuring out how to run our business…and be profitable…at the same time that shook the belief that in order to make more money I have to put in more hours out of me.
Mike and I finally hit 7 figures when we started working less because we’d become parents and we simply didn’t have the time (or bandwidth) we used to have.
How exactly did that work?
Well, I’d love to tell you…and we recorded a whole podcast episode for you in order to do just that.
This week’s episode of The Kate & Mike Show is the second installment of our August Podcast Listening Adventure designed to help you upgrade your business and your life, and in it we’re sharing:
- The 4 shifts we made to finally hit our goal of 7 figures in revenue within one year
- Why waiting to learn how to manage your money well until after you’ve started making more money is a terrible idea
- The very scary thing we did that helped us grow our business by over $400K in one year
- The single most important thing you can do to improve your business or your life (and it has nothing to do with putting in more time)
Once you’ve listened, we want to hear from you: Which of the 4 shifts resonated the most with you? How will you put it into action in your own business?
In This Episode
- Our motivation for wanting to have a 7-figure business [12:16]
- How we were able to get our money clarity dialled in [18:11]
- Why everyone needs help, and how we’ve received it [25:26]
- The ways you can invest in and educate yourself today [36:35]
- Why taking yourself seriously is so powerful and the role it plays in achieving your financial goals [38:47]
- What happens when you surround yourself with the right people
- How “Doing Less” actually resulted in more revenue for our business [44:24]
- When we both realized that it’s body plus business – not one of the other [48:35]
- A sneak peek into next week’s August Podcast Listening Adventure episode [57:37]
Selected Links from the Episode
Today’s Episode Is Sponsored by Amy Porterfield’s The Ultimate Course Creation Starter Kit!
Join Kate & Mike on the August Podcast Listening Adventure!
Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now (Watch The Replay!) Order Kate’s New Book!
Her First Book, Money: A Love Story & The Money Love Course Get On The Waitlist For Origin® Sign Up For The B-School Waitlist Episode 145: How to Get More People to Buy What You’re Selling Street Parking
Wolfpack by Abby Wambach
I’m Still Here by Austin Channing Brown
The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Kate’s Blog Post, Let Mother Nature Be Your Financial Planner (with free download)
The New Childhood by Jordan Shapiro
Kate on James Wedmore’s Mind Your Business Podcast Episode 131: Owning Your Sexuality as a Path to Healing and Power with Dr.Tererai Trent
Connect with Kate & Mike on Instagram!
People MentionedGlennon Doyle Meggan Watterson Melissa Sweet Dave Ramsey Amber Dugger Rha Goddess Stu McLaren Simon Sinek Mathew Fraser Tia-Clair Toomey Richard Froning Jr. Kris Carr Albert Einstein