When I recently asked our community what their biggest business challenge is I got floods of:
Getting enough clients or customers.
Is making sales something that’s a sticky wicket for you?
If so, you’re in the right place.
I got a text last weekend from the guy who organized a fundraiser for our girl’s co-op daycare telling me that my husband Mike was hands down the MVP when it came to making sales for the weekend.
Unlike many people in our community, Mike LOVES to sell.
While I don’t love it as much as Mike, believe it or not, I kind of love it, too!
We’re kicking off our August Podcast Listening Adventure with an episode that’s going to help you make more sales, whether you’re brand-new in business and feel like sales is a dirty word or you’re well-established but would love to up your conversion rates.
In this episode of The Kate & Mike Show we covered:
- The specific strategy Mike used to be the MVP of sales at our recent daycare fundraiser and how you can use it to up your sales in your business
- Why I was secretly excited when Mike told me he used to sell drugs (yep – for real!)
- 3 specific ways to get more people to buy what you’re selling (trust me – even if you don’t like to sell, you’re going to LOVE trying these out)
Once you’ve listened, we want to know which one of the 3 tips we gave was the most useful and how you’re going to apply it to your business.
Enjoy, and we’ll see you next week for the next installment of the Podcast Listening Adventure!
In This Episode
- Where the idea for the August Podcast Listening Adventure series came from and how you can take part [1:19]
- Why Mike enjoys sales so much and is so good at it! [13:48]
- How dating relates to sales in many ways [18:15]
- What to focus on and tips for knowing how to do it [24:05]
- The power of a story and why people really buy things [29:40]
- How you can make the competition irrelevant! [34:30]
- An exercise you can do to uncover your “special sauce” [40:00]
- Why you need to believe in yourself + what you’re selling [56:14]
- The role that your mission and purpose will play [59:14]
Selected Links from the Episode
Today’s Episode Is Sponsored by Amy Porterfield’s The Ultimate Course Creation Starter Kit!
Join Kate & Mike on the August Podcast Listening Adventure!
The Game by Neil Strauss
Blue Ocean Strategy by W.Chan KimThe Goal Digger Podcast (Jenna Kutcher) RuPaul’s Podcast Episode with Whitney Cummings
1,000 True Fans by Kevin KellyEpisode 109: Life is Hard Part 2 + A Special, On Our Knees Gratitude Update
The Great Work of Your Life by Stephen Cope
Van Lathan’s The Red Pill Podcast
Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
People MentionedCheryl Richardson Louise Hay Kindra Hall Marie Forleo Rodney Yee Gary Vaynerchuk Jonathan Budd Rha Goddess Jane Goodall Elizabeth Gilbert