The number one thing I’ve heard since making the rounds on all the podcasts and launching Do Less is that people’s minds are blown by the information about cyclical living and how we have this inner blueprint for productivity that no one has ever taught you…until now.
It’s pretty straightforward if you have a normal, healthy, regular 28-day menstrual cycle, but there are so many reasons that may not be the case.
Pregnancy. Menopause. Being a man. Bleeding on the full moon. Hormonal birth control. An IUD. Breast cancer treatment. Nursing. Irregular cycles that vary between 17-43 days. PCOS. Perimenopause. Working in a corporate setting that doesn’t support this whole cyclical living thing.
Since Do Less came out, my DM’s and our inbox have been filling up with your questions about your period, the moon, and how this whole cyclical living and planning thing works for your specific situation.
So, Mike and I recorded a brand-new, incredibly meaty episode of The Kate & Mike Show to answer all of your cyclical living and planning questions.
(Well, mostly I answered your questions and then Mike asked me more.)
Here’s what we covered:
- How do you plan for your cycle if you’re pregnant, nursing, in perimenopause, or are past menopause?
- The cyclical macrocosm of pregnancy and how the trimesters align with the phases of the moon/menstrual cycle/seasons and how that may impact your creativity and productivity.
- How does this work if you’re on hormonal birth control or have an IUD?
- How do men’s cycles work? How can we support the cycles of the men in our lives? (We really got into this one and answered it a way you probably wouldn’t expect.)
- My personal, very efficient period, new moon, and full moon rituals.
- What to do when you bleed on the full moon vs. the new moon.
- How to change the timing of your cycle if you desire.
- Best practices for the luteal phase when you’re feeling prickly and low-energy.
- How do you marry your own menstrual cycle with the lunar cycle and what do you do with that information?
- And so much more!
If you’ve had questions about how your energy cycles, productivity cycles, and creativity cycles work, I’m 99% sure we covered it in this episode.
Plus, even if you don’t think you have a cyclical living question, I guarantee we’ll answer a question in this episode you didn’t even know you had.
Once you’ve listened, we want to know:
What was your biggest insight from today’s episode? Do you have more questions that we didn’t cover? How will you use what you learned in your business and life?
Leave us a comment and let us know!
In This Episode
- How pregnancy is a macrocosm of the menstrual and lunar cycle, and a breakdown of each trimester [11:40]
- What someone can do to support their pregnant partner [15:20]
- Why Kate recommends following the moon to navigate the ups and downs of energy, and the tools she uses to do this [24:25]
- How people who don’t have a period can still benefit from tracking the lunar cycles [30:08]
- The best practices for marrying the moon and your menstrual cycle [36:42]
- How to change our culture’s conversation around this topic [41:20]
- What to do if you’re in a work or corporate setting [49:13]
- The various ways that the cycles affect men as well as women [54:15]
Selected Links from the Episode
Sign up for Kate’s Free Workshop, Spacious: 3 Proven Time Management Strategies Every Female Entrepreneur Needs Now Order Kate’s New Book!
Kate on Jenna Kutcher’s Goal Digger Podcast Dr. Lynette Bassett-Willard, Osteopathic Family Care Street Parking
The Fourth Trimester by Kimberly Ann Johnson
The First Forty Days by Heng OuEpisode 57 with Jennifer Racioppi
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s Books
Beyond the Pill by Jolene BrightenEpisode 141 with Meggan Watterson
Hormonology Article, The Male Hormone Cycle
People MentionedNicole Jardim Dr. Deb Kern Tim Ferriss