You know how some folks were raised to believe in one very specific set of beliefs and don’t ever question where that set of beliefs came from, who came up with them in the first place, and what greater motive getting a bunch of people to believe in those things might be serving?
And you know how everything everyone has ever told us came from another human being who has biases, is flawed, and has impacted that knowledge in some way so there’s really no such thing as “pure truth” coming from someone else?
I want you to know something:
No one else can tell you what’s true. You have to learn to source the truth from within.
Learning how to do this will be the single most important skill you’ve ever invested time in mastering.
It will save you time making decisions. (Did you know that the average person spends 7 hours and 36 minutes deliberating about their choices every week?)
It will ensure you always do the right thing for your highest purpose.
It will guarantee miracles in your life because your inner truth can orchestrate magic in a way that your ego couldn’t even fathom.
There is a person who lives from the truth she hears within more than any human being I’ve ever met, and I’m so blessed to call her one of my very best friends.
She’s a scholar, a theologian, one of the wackiest dancers I’ve ever seen, a total comedian without meaning to be one, a fierce mother, a deeply generous friend, and the author of the game changing book, Mary Magdalene Revealed: The First Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity We Haven’t Tried Yet.
I can’t believe it’s taken us this long to have Meggan on The Kate & Mike Show, but I know that we were saving ourselves for the very conversation I have for you today.
As she always does, Meggan gave us all of her mind, body, heart, and soul as she shared the depths of her own personal journey to find what was missing in the Christianity she was raised with, how she discovered Mary Magdalene, and the healing journey she’s been leading to champion the Christianity we haven’t tried yet.
In today’s episode you’ll hear:
- The truth about the Bible and what was purposefully left out of it (and why)
- The path to truly know God (hint: it’s not what you think)
- What happened to all of the women in Christianity and how we can bring them back
- How to know the difference between the voice of fear and the voice of your intuition
- How the metaphor of resurrection can inform our own daily transformations
- A new meaning of the word “death” that opens up profound possibilities for new ways of living
- How to connect with the eternal while living in the confines of time and space in a human body
- And so much more!
We have never had a conversation like this one on The Kate & Mike Show. Prepare to have your assumptions challenged, the beliefs that aren’t serving you shaken up, and to walk away from the episode holding the keys to access the very thing we’ve all been searching for the whole time.
In This Episode
- The genre Meggan writes in and the goals she’s set for all of her works [6:15]
- Why the question “Who is Mary Magdalene?” isn’t easy to answer [9:50]
- The reasons Mary is such a special person [15:45]
- Where a lot of people get confused about the Gospel of Mary and an “a ha” moment for Meggan [19:53]
- The beginnings of Christianity and the important role of Thecla [26:05]
- A time when Meggan listened to and trusted her “Soul Voice” [40:01]
- How to know the difference between your intuition and fear [44:10]
- What it means, and doesn’t mean, to be eternal [51:55]
- The ways that Meggan uses the teachings of Mary in her own life [54:23]
- Where we are now with Christianity in 2019 and where it’s heading [58:58]
- What Meggan believes happens when we die [63:31]
Selected Links from the EpisodeOrder Kate’s New Book!
Her Latest Book, Mary Magdalene Revealed
Meggan’s Appearance on Mike’s Podcast
Dianetics by L. Ron HubbardWhen They See Us (Netflix)
People MentionedKaren King Carl Reinhardt Dan Brown Elaine Pagels Latham Thomas Carl Jung