It’s lovely to hear about folks working 4 hours a week while having their best revenue months EVER or sending one email and making $50K, but do these stories not leave us wondering:
Is this person full of sh*t? What’s the real story here?
I was asked in a podcast interview the other day whether or not I’d managed to launch Do Less in a “do less” way.
Like, was I really walking my walk with this launch?
The answer is mostly yes. And a little bit no. (Because we’re all a work-in-progress.)
Whether you’re launching a book or a program or a business or a dinner party, getting your creative work out there takes some oomph. But doing good work does not have to do you in.
That’s why we recorded an episode of The Kate & Mike Show for you this week that reveals the 7 lessons learned while launching Do Less in a “do less” way.
In this week’s episode you’ll hear:
- The most important question you need to ask about your life before embarking on a launch
- My big secret to self-discipline
- How to launch something to sell for the long haul, not just to be a flash in the pan
- My top tip for pitching podcasts and other media outlets so you stand out from the crowd
- The most important ingredients that prevented me from getting sick or burning out (like I did during my last book launch) despite the fact that my life is way more full than it was 6 years ago
Once you’ve listened, we’d love to hear from you:
What are you launching right now? How can you apply the 7 lessons I shared to your own situation?
In This Episode
- Some of the feedback we’re getting from last week’s episode on sobriety – and how you can be part of our “Pod Squad” [2:07]
- An update on the recent book launch for Do Less [10:52]
- Why the season you’re in matters so much [13:12]
- How we set and maintained clear boundaries during the launch [17:05]
- What delegating should look like and a side note on public relations [26:28]
- Where are you getting your traction? [32:16]
- An example of being in trust and having “egg wisdom” [40:31]
- Why when it comes to business, you need to be in it for the long haul [46:07]
Selected Links from the EpisodeOrder Kate’s New Book!
Kate’s Weekly Planning Ritual & Upcoming Events Episode 137: Sobriety, Substances, and Choosing to Live Awake Episode 136: How to Work Less Yet Still Be Wildly Successful (Plus Some Bonus Public Speaking Tips)
Her appearance on James Wedmore’s Mind Your Business Podcast
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
Inheritance by Dani Shapiro
Oprah’s SuperSoul SundayBuzzFeed
Seth Godin’s Akimbo Podcast
People MentionedKris Carr Noah Levy Stu McLaren Jen Pastiloff Brandi Sellers-Jackson Jenné Claiborne Licia Morelli