Sheri Salata was in a position many would covet as the president of Harpo Studios, the co-president of OWN, and the former executive producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show, and she decided to choose something else: a life.
Sheri had been so busy building a dream career that she’d forgotten to build a life. She went on a personal quest to tend to her body, spirit, and soul and chronicled it in her new book, The Beautiful No.
Now she’s evolving her 21-year career with Oprah Winfrey and using her production skills in her own life to create wellness, tremendous depth, and true happiness. Talk about a gorgeous second act.
It was such an honor to have Sheri join us on The Kate & Mike Show to share her wisdom about:
- Choosing to truly live, especially when you’ve lived half of your life (or more) and may have 40+ more to savor
- Her feelings on accountability and what she chooses to guide her instead
- A brilliant practice that keeps Sheri between the ditches as far as her mental, physical, and spiritual game that I’ve never heard anyone articulate in quite this way
- The elements that make up a good story that she learned producing for one of the greatest television shows ever made
- How she’s dealing with the feeling of exposure that comes from telling her own story
- Creating true freedom as an entrepreneur
- We learned SO MUCH from Sheri during our conversation and our hope is that you will, too!
In This Episode
- Why Sheri decided to write her book and a moment where she actually thought she was going quit working on it [5:41]
- Her writing process and how collaborating with a coach helped her along the way [11:53]
- What makes a good story and what pushed Sheri to pursue the next chapter of her life [15:01]
- How she made the leap to entrepreneurship and what she realized would happen when she took charge of her own life [18:34]
- Where she finds accountability, and the concept of “two steps forward, one step back” [27:17]
- How Sheri’s relationship with her mom changed over time and what she misses the most about her [29:33]
- Who’s inspiring her these days and what she’s done to become a “seeker” [37:47]
- Why it’s our words that are creating our outcomes [44:08]
- What Sheri considers to be the “ultimate freedom” [44:50]
Selected Links from the EpisodeOrder Kate’s New Book!
Kate’s First Book, Money: A Love StoryGet On The Origin ® Waitlist!
Sheri’s New Book, The Beautiful No
A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
People MentionedOprah Winfrey Ellen Daly Kris Carr Dr. Christiane Northrup Eckhart Tolle Iyanla Vanzart Abraham-Hicks