Today we’re joined by the amazing best-selling author of Mastering Your Mean Girl and Open Wide, Melissa Ambrosini. Melissa also hosts the #1 podcast “The Melissa Ambrosini Show,” as well as being a motivational speaker and self-love teacher.
In this episode Melissa shares how her business works, including the 13 different revenue streams she and her husband Nick have created, and she also reveals the difficult time where she ended up in the hospital in 2010, as well as how she created her internationally known brand teaching others to love themselves.
We also discuss Melissa’s role as a stepmom, how to raise sex-positive and body confident kids, the best ways to practice self-love, and a whole lot more. We really enjoyed this conversation with Melissa, and if you did too, we would love it if you took a screenshot and posted it to your Instagram Stories. Don’t forget to tag us @katenorthrup, @mikejwatts, and @melissaambrosini!
You can get your own copy of Do Less and still receive incredible bonuses at katenorthrup.com/book! Kate wants to hear from you, and you can post about your #DoLess experiences on Instagram, DM her (@katenorthrup) or email email@example.com!
In This Episode
- How Melissa’s business is set up and the many revenue streams her family has [5:20]
- Her strategies for minimizing overwhelm and staying the present moment as much as possible [10:04]
- The powerful story of Melissa’s “rock bottom” in 2010 [16:17]
- The book that she says changed her life [21:58]
- How her business has grown since she wrote her first blog post [24:51]
- The way Melissa is able to be vulnerable when writing, but also be respectful of privacy [35:01]
- The motivation for her writing her latest book [39:35]
- Her system for communicating clearly and how it can help maintain a solid relationship [42:46]
- What Melissa says has made her marriage so successful [47:08]
- How she and her husband model body confidence to their son [54:21]
Selected Links from the EpisodeOrder Kate’s New Book!
Kate’s First Book, Money: A Love StoryGet On The Origin ® Waitlist!
Getting Things Done by David Allen
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christiane Northrup, M.D.
People MentionedDr. Shefali Marie Forleo