Today we have an incredibly special guest who is one of the most internationally acclaimed voices for women’s empowerment and quality education, as well as being referred to by Oprah herself as her favorite guest of all time! Dr. Tererai Trent is here to share her amazing story and to talk about her new book, The Awakened Woman: A Guide for Remembering & Igniting Your Sacred Dreams. Get ready to hear how one woman overcame so many obstacles (ones that you have to hear to believe) to make waves of change for the women of today, and tomorrow.
You can get your own copy of Do Less and still receive incredible bonuses at katenorthrup.com/book! Kate wants to hear from you, and you can post about your #DoLess experiences on Instagram, DM her (@katenorthrup), or email [email protected]!
In This Episode
- Why Tererai feels we need to be talking about sexuality, sensuality and owning the erotic [9:39]
- How she talked to her own daughters about her past experiences of sexual abuse [12:00]
- The very first step to take to awaking your erotic power [14:24]
- What role rituals have played in Tererai’s life [16:04]
- The batons that she decided not to carry forward from past generations [21:16]
- The role that her grandmother’s story had in the creation of her book [27:46]
- What a world of awakened women looks like [30:14]
- The powerful story of her journey to America, and what happened when she arrived there [32:34]
- How men can support the awakened woman [46:49]
- What Tererai’s dreams look like now [53:15]
Selected Links from the EpisodeOrder Kate’s New Book!
Kate’s First Book, Money: A Love StoryGet On The Origin ® Waitlist!
For Her Course, The Awakened Woman Lessons, text “AWAKEN” to 444999
People MentionedMarie Forleo Lewis Howes Dr.Christiane Northrup