Our guest today is Jessica Ortner, or “Jess” as she’s known to us. Jess is the producer of The Tapping Solution and author of The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence: A Woman’s Guide to Stressing Less, Weighing Less, and Loving More, a book based on her revolutionary online program. She’s also a host of The World Tapping Summit, an annual online event that has attracted more than 500,000 attendees worldwide. Jessica has been interviewing experts in the personal development field since 2007, having conducted more than 200 broadcast interviews to date.
In this episode she discusses how tapping can be a powerful technique to calm down your nervous system, and best of all, it’s free to do and you can apply it to any area of your life! Jessica also talks about dating, parenthood, running a business with your family, as well sharing the details on her brand new book, The Tapping Solution to Create Lasting Change: A Guide to Get Unstuck and Find Your Flow.
Would you, or a company you know, be a good fit to sponsor The Kate & Mike Show? If so, let’s talk! You can email [email protected] regarding current sponsorship opportunities.
In This Episode
- The ways Kate and Jess are similar [8:05]
- Jess’s background with tapping and how often she does it now [9:50]
- Why she likes tapping so much but why people sometimes resist doing it [10:51]
- The shame she felt around her first book launch [12:05]
- What is tapping and how to do it [19:23]
- How Jess discovered pleasure is sustainable, in all areas of her life [24:05]
- Pregnancy and tapping [32:22]
- What it’s like to be in business with family [34:00]
- Why she remembers to keep her ego in check and come from a place of abundance [39:09]
- Her plans for creating space with her new family [46:35]
- How we’ve changed as society in terms of maternity/paternity leave [50:09]
- What Jess is most excited about for her new book [57:02]
Selected Links from the EpisodeGet on The Origin Waitlist! Mike’s Coaching Services Tapping Solution Foundation Diagram of Tapping Technique The Magnolia Journal
People MentionedCheryl Richardson Kris Carr Oprah Winfrey