On the eve of moving my family to Miami back in January, somewhat spur of the moment, a text from a girlfriend reminded me that 10 years ago to the day I left New York City to embark upon The Freedom Tour.
It also reminded me that I’ve been writing here in this space every week (with the exception of a couple maternity leaves and planned holidays) for what will be 11 years. (Here’s where it started.)
I’m a nostalgic person on an average day, and in moments like this it’s like I can literally feel time contracting and expanding around me simultaneously.
I feel like I’m both exactly the same as the young woman who started a blog on a whim and like I’m from a different planet than her.
I still crave space to say the things I want to say beyond the confines of what’s expected, “practical,” or “strategic.”
But, unlike the woman who started writing here 11 years ago, I crave space that’s just for me and my family in a way I could have never imagined as a single twenty-something with nary a responsibility or dependent to her name.
One of the ways I’ve been claiming the space is by radically changing my relationship to social media.
Another is something really exciting we’re working on behind the scenes here in our business ecosystem that will be fully revealed August 11th. (If you’ve been around for a while it was supposed to be at the end of March, but things take as long as they take.)
I can’t give you the details yet, but here’s what I can tell you:
It’s all about harnessing the power of nature to achieve more by doing less and revolutionizing your business by revolutionizing the way you work.
(Make sure you’re on our list so you don’t miss out on the journey to the big reveal and the nuggets and opportunities for you we’ll share along the way.)
Some things are going to be changing around here to better support you to grow your business while doing less.
So, I figured now was a good time to update you on what we stand for around here to help you determine if you want to stick around as we enter a new chapter:
There’s so much more that could be shared about each of these, but for today I’m sticking with bullets and aiming for elegance (knowing that in the weeks to come there will be a curated series of touch points where you can dive deeper into the ones that resonate):
- We’re here for liberation.
- Body first. Business second.
- Nature has the best business plan.
- We mess up. We repair. We do better.
- We are cyclical, so we live and work that way.
- We look for the most regenerative ways to do things.
- The simplest, easiest, most pleasurable way is most often the best way.
- We’re here to challenge the status quo.
- We really care.
- Our value is inherent (that means yours is, too) and we have nothing to prove.
- Business is allowed to be easy and feel good.
- We believe in transparency without unearned intimacy.
- The more diverse, equitable, and inclusive our communities are, the stronger, more resilient, and more regenerative they are.
- There is more than enough to go around.
- Life is not a competition. It’s a co-creation.
- Rest is productive.
I’m SO excited about what we’re working on for you with these as our foundation.
Whether you’ve been around for 11 years or 11 days, I’m so honored to be here together.
Now I’d love to hear from you! What matters most to you? What do you stand for? Which of the things I shared here that we stand for resonate with you the most? Leave a comment and let us know!