I don’t know about you, but with all the book launch hub-bub, I’ve really, really missed Glimpse TV. I’ve still been shooting episodes because I just LOVE it and I can’t stop asking people I love who are doing interesting things in the world questions!
Today is a special day because I’m sharing a cozy chat I had with Kris Carr, NY Times Bestselling author of Crazy Sexy Diet and Crazy Sexy Kitchen.
The first time Kris was on Glimpse TV I didn’t know her. She showed up at my little studio apartment on 16th and 7th in NYC, we chatted for a bit and then I made her put on her coat and come up to the roof with me to shoot. It was January 2011. We were freezing. But Kris was a total champ and I have to say, it was kind of love at first sight.
I can’t believe it’s been nearly three years since that interview. (The link is at the bottom of this post should you care to take a gander at our rosy cheeks and visible breath.) It’s kind of mind blowing how much can happen in three short years.
During this time Kris’s star has risen in a big way. She’s had not one, but two books hit the NY Times Bestseller list. She’s travelled the world rocking the mic with her hilarious, poignant, and wise keynotes. (If I’m speaking at the same I Can Do It! as her I always organize my schedule around seeing her speak. I love it so much that I simply can’t miss it!) She’s built a house. She’s hung out with Oprah a few more times. And she’s adopted another member of her family (more on that story in the episode below.)
Here’s what I love about Kris:
- she’s hysterically funny in a screw-ball kind of way
- she’s willing to show up in a big way and do work on herself and then share her story with the world for our benefit
- she’s an amazing dancer and writer (did you know she was on Broadway?!)
- she’s a super, duper smart business woman
Kris helped me mastermind my book launch and always has brilliant insights about speaking, writing, and other platform-building activities. She’s built a Crazy Sexy Empire over the last several years and she’s now giving all of us an insider’s peak at how she did it.
Kris’s new creation, The Spotlight Crash Course, gives you the tools and insight you need to get your message out into the world.
My intention was to pop on down to Woodstock to interview Kris about Spotlight. But, you know, she’s just so fun and delicious we had to talk about a bunch of other things too.
In this episode of Glimpse TV you’ll find out:
- how to know when to say yes and when to say no when presented with possible projects and opportunities
- how to not become a “Yes Pez Dispenser” as Kris sometimes calls herself :)
- Kris’s non-negotiables for taking care of her body, mind, and soul
- the story of a very exciting and adorable new addition to Kris’s life
- why Kris’s favorite thing to do is tell stories and how she got started
- how she uses electricity to her benefit when hanging out in the spotlight
- a secret hint for anyone who wants to write or speak
- plus a handy tip on gardening that you probably won’t hear anywhere else!
Click below to tune in to the episode!
Find out about The Spotlight Crash Course where you can get proven advice and strategies from Kris & her inner circle of agents, producers, publishers, creative coaches, publicity & speaking experts, and colleagues.
Your message matters. It’s time to step into your spotlight. Click the image below to get a sampler of three free audio sessions, including What Every Book Proposal Must Have with my editor and dear friend Patty Gift.
The course is 25% off until December 20th so if you have an inkling it might be for you, be sure to head over and check it out now.
And now over to you…
Do you have any go to strategies for choosing what to say yes to and what to say no to?
Leave a comment below – I’d love to hear from you!
Oh, and here’s that original Glimpse TV episode with Kris. Cute, eh?
If you want to read the original post that went with this video, HERE it is!
P.S. Mike and I are presenting a FREE WEBINAR tonight, 12/17, at 8pm EST about the upcoming RESET Challenge: Destination Transformation that I’m participating in and leading a group in starting in January. It’s all about getting rid of your sugar cravings, releasing unwanted belly fat, and committing to a lifestyle of sustainable health. Click HERE to register.