Episode 39: Shift Your Money Destiny with Belinda Rosenblum
written by Kate Northrup on June 13, 2017
Listen on iTunes and Subscribe!
Today we’re chatting with our friend Belinda Rosenblum, an author, online course creator and founder of the website, Own Your Money with Belinda Rosenblum.
Belinda is a CPA and wealth expert who helps you take the worry and fear out of money, and she believes life is supposed to be fun and that money is supposed to fund it for you!
In this episode she’s sharing with us:
- How to have those difficult conversations that we need to have around money, especially with our parents and spouses when it comes to estate planning
- The first step to take on your path to financial stability, and she reveals what “money dates” are all about and how you can start having them with your spouse
We also talk about what we’ve done around this idea to dramatically shift our own financial future.
If you want to be more comfortable with the subject of money and change your own money story, then this conversation with Belinda is something you must listen to.
Also – don’t miss Kate + Belinda’s upcoming webinar: 4 Simple & Essential Steps to Financial Stability & Wealth Creation. Learn more and save your spot here!
In This Episode
- People are motivated more to take action because of pain – it’s human psychology [5:20]
- What financial stability really means to Belinda [8:11]
- Becoming the Chief Financial Officer of her family – at age 21 [11:22]
- Why you need to get real about the state of your family’s health [15:00]
- The age at which we generally form our beliefs about money [22:43]
- How Belinda’s work takes the fear out of the money conversation [28:05]
- Most people don’t have a motivation problem, but instead have this [32:12]
- What we can learn from toddlers and apply to our own lives [33:30]
- Regular “money dates” can help get you and your spouse on the right track [35:30]
- How to get out of the “make more, spend more loop” [48:10]
- The importance of keeping good records and how to do it [49:30]
- Belinda’s favorite part about working with her husband [54:40]
Selected Links from the Episode
Her Book, Self-Worth to Net Worth: 12 Keys to Creating Wealth Inside and Out (co-authored with Cia Ricco)
Kate & Belinda’s Upcoming Webinar, 4 Simple & Essential Steps to Financial Stability & Wealth Creation
The Mind Your Business Podcast with James Wedmore & Phoebe Mroczek
Hour Glass by Dani Shapiro